February 1, 2011

Leading Up to Labor...

January 19 (Wednesday)


January 20 (Thursday)

  • Got pinching pains in my cervix almost constantly all day.
  • 7 pm: Several Braxton Hicks contractions. Getting slightly stronger.
  • Josh's prediction now that I'm having more contractions: He'll think I'll go into labor this Monday. (The 24th.)
January 21 (Friday)
  • Today is THE day I labor! Well, at least it was with Brooklynn! I started with her on the 21st around early evening and had her on the 23rd. If I go into labor today I hope it's today or tomorrow I give birth so I don't go ON Brooklynn's birthday!
  • 6:41 pm....so far nothing really. I had some cramping earlier that felt like menstral cramps a little bit. Some pinching. A couple of Braxton Hicks contractions. That is IT. Maybe I'll still have Gabby the same day as Brooklynn, but maybe I'll go into labor tomorrow.
January 23 (Sunday--Brooklynn's Birthday)
  • Well, I still don't want to have Gabriella ON Brooklynn's birthday. So I'm hoping I make it the whole day.
January 24
  • I finished my Soduko book. (116 different ones!) Maybe Gabby was waiting for me to be done.
  • Labor will feel like a miniature spa session compared to the afternoon I had with Brooklynn. I'm SO ready for a break. Before I was dreading this part, just how can I possibly be away from her that long? Not any more. I'm ready. 
  • I'm not feeling close at all, but I really hope to go into labor this week. 
January 25
  • I've been getting a LOT of sharp pains this morning...could this be it?
  • It's not. They stopped around lunch time. 
January 26
  • I had a Birth Center appointment. They didn't check me but we'll pretend I'm at 4 cm. Just for kicks. I didn't even ask them to because why would I add additional checking when I don't really need it?
  • We got a lot of snow last night and are supposed to get twice as much tonight. No doubt I'll go into labor in the middle of all that, and probably give birth in a snow bank.
January 28 (Friday)

  • Today is the last day my Mom isn't able to come out right away when Gabby is born. So I made it! But now we want her to come asap to maximize her time here and so that Josh's parents can come out before the end of March. (They only have one week free before that and that is Feb 6-12...otherwise they have to wait!) So I'm REALLY REALLY REALLY hoping to go very soon. Possibly today! I know Marisa's birthday party is tomorrow and she really wants my Mom to be there so I'm thinking her tiny prayers are making me hold out for another day or two at least. 
January 31 (Monday)
  • So today I watched several birth videos. I thought maybe the emotional moments of other people's child birth might start my own, since nothing else seems to be working. I do admit, it's pretty gross and I'm a little freaked out now!
February 1 (Tuesday)
  • This morning I woke up and my underwear were completely soaked, even on my legs. Gross. I thought maybe my water broke, but I also was getting over a yeast infection so I thought it was mostly medicine. I continued to have a lot of leakage all day. Around lunch time I noticed some bloody show. I called my Mom because I FINALLY had news to report and after talking with her she said my water COULD have broken. So I called the Birth Center not thinking it was that but just in case I wanted to check. I still wasn't getting any type of contractions so I was hoping it WASN'T my water. 
  • My appointment wasn't until 2:15 pm so I immediately thought, "GREAT, right in the middle of Brooke's nap, she's going to be a MESS tonight when she's all off her schedule and I'll probably actually go into labor and it will be worse. So I called my friends Julie & Eric and brought her over to take a nap there. 
  • Turns out it WASN'T my water breaking (just like I thought) I was just so encouraged that labor was coming soon (even though she told me it could still be a week or so...I knew it would be within 2 days.
  • I had to change my underwear like 5 times that day because I just kept leaking. So gross, I know....

No comments: