February 2, 2011

Brooklynn Meets Gabriella!

We were very excited (and a little curious to see how she liked it) to introduce Brooklynn to Gabriella. Emily brought her over after lunch time.
First we had some Mommy and Brookie snuggle time. Brooklynn was past due for her nap and we wanted her to feel loved.
Brooklynn got to open her present from Gabriella! She got her own "Big Sister" and "Little Sister" babies! I think they're SO cute. She was excited to get a present.
We also had Brooklynn give her present to Gabriella which was a PURPLE Baba just like Brooklynn's beloved "Baba"s. I wanted her to actually give it to her so she'd remember that those are Gabby's. She keeps bringing it to her still, like, "Here, Gabby. I know you want this." it's cute. Gabby couldn't care less yet. She will.
When Josh went out to help Emily load Brooklynn's stuff into our car Brooklynn started crying SO much. She kept saying, "My Daddy, my Daddy, my Cece my Cece! Nooooooooooooo! Dadddddddddddyyyyyyyyy!" Oh it broke my heart. She opened the door, even, and took off down the hall and I had to call her back in. I was getting all kinds of stomach cramps/contractions from stress, I think. It was bad. The first few times Brooklynn was around they were worse than usual. Maybe it was a double dose of Mommy hormones or something.
Then she calmed down a little bit when I showed her some snacks by my bed. She liked this and started to like Gabby more again. 
We gave Brooklynn her milk and tried to put her down at the Birth Center for a nap or at least some rest time but there was way too much excitement for her.She did cheer up a little bit, even though she was still a little touchy. By the time we left Brooklynn and Gabby were best friends. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this picture...even though it's been hard for Brooke she'll be an amazing big sister. I hope I can see you guys soon! Maybe spring break??
-Aunt Erin