February 22, 2011

Brooklynn's Cookie Monster Birthday Party

So we thought it was about time we had Brooklynn's 2nd Birthday Party, since she's been two for almost a month now and everything. :)
Actually, we thought about having it earlier. The one Saturday we had free in January was my ACTUAL due date with Gabby, so just in case we didn't schedule it. And then if I went late for some reason, I could have still been pregnant, REALLY recovering or even in labor on the 5th. I knew I'd most likely have the baby by the 12th but probably not feel up to having a party yet. So we went with the 19th. Sorry, Brooklynn. You were so patient. (Plus we thought she wouldn't mind and probably not even notice if it was later.)
It ended up working out great timing-wise. I felt up to everything, plus it was a great excuse to give Brooklynn some focused special Brooklynn time. I thought it would be great because even though we have been trying really hard to do lots of that, you can tell she's still struggling and is still jealous of Gabby. 
If only it wasn't GORGEOUS on Friday. Instead of actually working on party prep we played outside all morning. And then Gabby barely let us put her down that afternoon and evening so it was hard to work on stuff. 
Here is Brooklynn color all her Cookie Monster pictures for the decorations.

Here are some of our decorations. I wanted it to just be cookie overload for Brooklynn. Cookies are still her favorite things and so we had a Cookie Monster theme. I wanted to have tons of cookies. And we even let her have as many as she wanted all day. We're still detoxing a little bit. (She actually got to a point when she stopped eating them, and was finally full of cookies. It took a while, though.)
Here is Brooklynn in her Cookie Monster birthday outfit. We ordered it off Etsy. She looked ADORABLE. 

Gabby was a big hit of the party, too. It was great having other people there to hold her. I felt so free!
Brooklynn did SO good blowing out her candle! We were actually a little shocked. I didn't even know she knew that she was supposed to blow out the candle.
And of course she did a number on that cupcake...or did it do a number on her?
I almost forgot about opening her presents. We had them underneath our table because there wasn't really a spot for them. Someone reminded me and I was like, "Oh yeah!" So I asked Brooklynn if she wanted to open her presents and of course she shook her head "yes."
She knew just what to do. What a big girl. I think one of these days I'll just wrap all of her toys up while she's sleeping and let her go to town. 
I had Josh pick up a balloon at the store...this is what he came home with. It is HUMONGOUS!!! She of course, LOVES it. 

No comments: