February 2, 2011

Gabby Labor Story SHORT VERSION

Feb. 1 around 5:00 pm, start getting contractions that I KNEW were starting labor. With Brooklynn this happened a few days before and they would stop but they were definitely more painful. Not really too regular yet.
5:30-Josh gets home I told him I'm probably in labor.
6:00 I had a massage/chiropractor visit. During my 1/2 hour massage I wasn't timing my contractions but I counted them and I had 5. She also worked my pressure point AGAIN (last week nothing happened) and when she did the contractions got noticeably stronger. I had a 6th contraction when I stood up to walk from the massage room to get adjusted and had 3-4 more in there. Everyone was like, "another one? Wow, you ARE in labor!!!"
7:00-get home and on the way from the garage to my apartment (2 flights of stairs) I had 3 more and I had to stop and breathe. Now I knew for sure I was in labor and I was surprised with how fast it was happening. I thought I had more time to get stuff together. Luckily almost everything was packed ahead of time.
-Josh had to get a few things together and we made arrangements for Brooklynn.
8:00-Meet Jeff at Walmart to give him Brooke.
8:30-Arrive at the Birth Center
8:45-get in and checked; at 6 cm!!!
11:13 pm-water breaks
11:30start pushing
12:05 ish? Realize I am not quite to 10 cm and midwife holds my cervix open, breaks the rest of my water with her finger.
12:42 am Gabriella is born!

No comments: