February 12, 2011

Gabby's First Week


Well, Gabriella has been SUCH a good baby. The first night home was a little rough, we couldn't get her to stop crying a few times. Then I remembered both: gas drops (which were a godsend with Brooklynn) and pacifiers. Brooklynn was never really a pacifier girl except the first week or so, but Gabby seemed to LOVE it the first few nights, at least. Now I think she just wants to breastfeed constantly. We'll see. 
One of the first things on our list was to give Gabby a bath. We never did get to it at the Birth Center so we gave her the actual FIRST bath. She loved it. At first she cried a little, but I think it was just cold for her. By the end she actually fell asleep. She loved it. And her hair looked so fuzzy when we were done. What a cutie.
We also celebrated Josh's birthday. (And by celebrate I mean sending him to the doctor and the lab for blood testing with Gabby while I stayed here with Brooklynn.) Happy Birthday, honey! Sorry I made you work so hard on your birthday.
From this appointment they made us do all kinds of testing for her jaundice. Boo.
Gabby wore her "My Dad is my Hero" sleeper for the occasion. Brooklynn was way too long for this, she couldn't straighten her legs at all when we tried to put her in this. It fits Gabby perfectly. I actually put all the 0-3 month clothes away and kept just the "newborn" size because they are all so big on her. Poor tiny peanut.
This is Gabby's first time in the swing. She loved it.
This is Gabby's first time in the Baby K'tan baby carrier. We have lots of slings and wraps, I LOVE wearing my babies. She was so cuddly. I think we need to work on the breastfeeding hold in the wraps, though, because Gabby doesn't want to go more than about 1/2 hour between feedings. I think this would help me tremendously. (I'm serious, too. She is a PIG)
This is Josh right before he shaved off his "Gabby beard" into a Fu Manchu. (For the Superbowl only.)
After Gabby's Dr. appointment on Monday we stopped by Josh's work to show her off. It was his first day back and I think it helped him transition a little bit. Then we all went out to lunch. It was fun. All the ladies in the office started flocking when they started hearing a baby when we got there. And who wouldn't? She is precious. :) Brooklynn was a little out of control, running around, hiding in random cubicles. What a silly girl.
We had Gabby's first birthday party! I mainly wanted to make cupcakes and celebrate her birth, but really give Gabby's cupcake to Brooklynn because she is a big girl and Gabby is too little to eat it. I thought this would be very special for Brooklynn. The day we made them she didn't eat any dinner, though, so we had to wait until the next day. Then she pigged out.
I think Gabby is getting tired of all the pictures I'm taking of her.
My hungry hungry hippo in a milk-drunk daze.
Here is Brooklynn giving Gabby her very first bottle! She took it great and Brooklynn felt very big getting to help.
Our family, notice Brooklynn is holding Gabby. She was on cloud 9 (for about 45 seconds before she pushed her off.)
"Hi!"
Getting some Daddy snuggle time. Josh has the "new baby trance" in the second picture.
Josh getting a turn feeding Gabby. I'm thinking I will start pumping more so I can get a small break since she eats so much. 
Here is Gabby sleeping after some sunbathing. The sun went away, though, so she had to get covered up. 
Here she is in the Moby wrap while I worked on my blog and checked a little Facebook. I have to have a way to keep up with the outside world but keep holding my precious baby. :)
I forget where they were going here but Gabby got a crocheted hat from Martha. Here she is modelling it. It is SO cute!
Another family shot. We had to take lots while my Mom was here to be photographer. 
I wanted to re-create this picture of Brooklynn in her outfit from Grandma & Grandpa Bean. Look how bald Gabby is! Her head seems so tiny!
And of course Gabby's 1-week-old picture. The cabbage patch kid is almost as big as she is! What a tiny tiny princess!
Gabby is SUCH a good baby. We love her so much. I already can't imagine life without her.

1 comment:

Suzy said...

LOVE the side-by-side 1-week-old pics of Brooklyn and Gabriella!!!!