May 10, 2011

Only Brooklynn...

I have come to terms with the fact that Brooklynn is just plain DIRTY. I sigh several times a day looking at my apartment wondering if it will ever get picked up...even though I feel like that is all I do constantly, all day every day. I can't even watch her eat any more...it seriously makes my gag reflex go sometimes. And here is a little example of her outside play...
It started out pretty innocent. She wanted to push her baby stroller around outside. I thought, "Gee, that will keep her busy for quite a while. That is a GREAT idea."
I think she had a little bit too much fun. She played on her steps for a while, but then she found her beloved puddle that she HAS to tromp through every time she sees it. And today it was VERY muddy...and she did this repeatedly. I have decided to take the, "when you can't beat 'em, join 'em" strategy and I figure I let her have her fun, and then deal with the mess later. It's all I can do or I would go insane.
Here is the after...just look at my dirty princess.
Taking a bath in the pool is WAY more fun than the bathtub. (Yup, I even put soap in there.)
And although she doesn't get this dirty on a daily basis, it's usually pretty close. And even though she didn't get 100% clean in the pool, it was a lot easier for me and a lot more fun for her. And it was significantly better. And even though my house is usually a mess...I take great joy knowing that we get to do fun stuff like this.

No comments: