August 23, 2010

Beach Trip

Our annual trip to the beach group picture:
Our annual beach trip this year started off wonderfully. We got Dunkin' Donuts like we usually do, and let me tell you, they were ON. It was amazing. I had an amazing bagel and THE BEST donut I've ever had. Two thumbs up. We brought Brooklynn's bottle of milk and we got her a plain bagel. She wasn't really eating anything so I took it back to save for later, thinking maybe it was too early for her.
Then our great trip took a sharp turn in the other direction. Out of NOWHERE, Brooklynn threw up everywhere. Like literally all over her car seat, all over the toys and toy bag next to her, all over the floor, all over her shirt and shorts....but she missed Baba...thank goodness. I didn't even know she didn't feel good. I'm pretty sure it was bad milk (and don't get me started on the $FOUR DOLLAR gallon from Acme that I was already fuming about.) Several times that week she wouldn't finish her bottle and kind of hold it in her mouth like, "I want this, but I really don't..." I also think the combination of drinking it IN THE CAR threw her off.
So we pulled over and I tried my best to clean everything up so she wasn't sitting in her own vomit. We stripped her down, wiped her off, I wiped out her seat, some toys, the car...I threw lots of stuff in the toy bag, zipped it up and threw that in the trunk. Then we were back on our way. Even with the windows open it STUNK in there. We couldn't wait to get to the beach to clean stuff off better and just be out of the car.
Here is Brooklynn's after shot, sitting topless in her car seat. "Hey, Mom, I just threw up!" (The towel I had put down to be a barrier between her and the seat but she kept playing with it.)







All the kiddos
My two loves
This picture wasn't very good...until I zoomed in. It's still not too clear but look at the sheer bliss on Brooklynn's face. This totally captures her love of the beach.
Levi & Brooklynn had lots of fun playing in the gully for quite a while. We stayed there until we saw a dead butterfly floating by. Gross. The kids loved it.
Sunbathing
My favorite shot of Brooklynn for the day:
Our spot
Naptime after a walk
I think Cece loves the ocean even more than Brooklynn...shocking, I know. (If you don't believe me, watch the video of her at the end.)
Julie & Levi

SOME of the bloopers of trying to get a picture of all 4 kids together
My best shot...pretty good, I think!
My favorite "blooper shot". It totally cracks me up.
I think Cece wanted to sit by Brooklynn...she was pretty sad. Meanwhile I got a pretty good shot of the three other kids.
My two greatest loves: (Them and the donut from earlier that morning. That would be #3)
I had to get a picture of Brooklynn's curls. They are even cuter at the beach than usual.
Josh and Jeff in "Baby Jail"
I found out that Jessie is pregnant, too! Due one day before me, January 28th! So fun!


I don't have the picture that this actually took yet and I wasn't about to do the same thing. I just had to get it on video, and he made it! Sorry for the abrupt ending.

No comments: