August 26, 2010

My 3rd (17 weeks) Appointment

Today Brooklynn finally didn't hate being at my appointment! She was still a little bit ornery, but controllable. It really helps having Josh there to help with her. But after today's appointment I think eventually we might be able to just go by ourselves!
Brooklynn started out our visit by getting her picture taken next to the book of babies that have been born at the Birth Center. See her name below?! She's famous now!

I think Brooklynn's good behavior has something to do with Nancy being there. (She was the midwife that delivered Brooklynn). Maybe she recognizes her from the pictures or something? Either way, usually when I get up on the table and they poke around at my belly and try and hear the heartbeat Brooklynn gets very protective of me and starts crying and she gets so upset. This time she not only didn't freak out, but she was able to sit up there with me and she helped point to the baby and she got a front-row seat to all the action. And, this time we were finally able to hear a heartbeat! Yay! (Not that I was that worried, I've been feeling PLENTY of movement down there so I know everything is fine.)
We also got a prescription to make an ultrasound appointment for the middle/end of September! And yes, we will be finding out this time what we're having. Even though it was super fun to be surprised, more so for Brooklynn's sake I want to start calling our baby a name besides "Smash" so she can get used to the baby as an actual brother or sister, instead of something she wants to squish.

After our appointment we picked up dinner and took it to the duck pond that I love. There were only fish this time but it was still fun to see them. Brooklynn LOVED it, I haven't taken her for a long time and I don't think she remembered it. We will have to be doing a lot more of the duck pond.

No comments: