August 31, 2010

Emergency Tracheotomy

I had to perform my very first emergency tracheotomy today. It was a little scary, having Brooklynn right there onlooking my every move. Luckily she was distracted by a container of cotton balls she kept dumping out. After about 10 minutes of stitching up my victim, I am happy to announce that all is well again in the Bean household.

My victim: Brooklynn's beloved "Baba"
I had to sew the bow back on, as you can see it's hanging by a thread. And I also had to repair his neck, which showed to be separating the head from the "body". Thankfully, I'm quick on my feet and I had a sewing kit nearby.

1 comment:

Julia said...

Eli has the EXACT SAME bear/blanket!!!!! Mr. Bear is #1 priority around here. i have had to perform a similar operation, "Mr. Bear" is well-loved in the Webb household as well. We actually bought 4 and rotate them in to achieve uniform wearing. i know, i know...but it's working out well now!! Glad things are all right. Whew! ;)