August 29, 2010

Brooklynn: 100% Sweetie?

It's hard to believe that a little girl this cute and sweet looking can be such a terror sometimes.

The truth is, she really is such a sweet girl. She just has some major melt-downs when we tell her "no." I guess she is just acting her age. Very well.
I can't stay mad at her for too long, though. She still melts my heart every day.
Last night she woke up at about 10 pm crying so sad so we brought her out to sleep on the couch. Little did she know what we meant by sleeping, she took to mean, running and dancing at full speed in the dark laughing and tripping and cracking us up. She also kept running over to the door looking out and seemed a little confused that it was so dark outside. She was OUT OF CONTROL, but in a really funny way. It seemed like we gave her a cup of coffee with extra-caffeine and with several cookies. We just kept laughing. She was so tired but so wide awake. It's moments like that that really make me smile...she doesn't really know how naughty she's being. Most of the time she doesn't understand why we even say "no". Yesterday I was working on making some cards and she ran over to the table and she grabbed my scissors and started to run away with them. Oh boy. So I quickly caught her and took them away and of course she was so sad. Like, "Mommy, I was so excited about my new toy!" I'm excited for the day when not everything has to be so dangerous and she understands how to be careful, because mostly that is what she gets in trouble for.
She can really be feisty with the best of them but then she will put her head on my shoulder or grab my hand and drag me somewhere to show me something and I am just so full of love I quickly forget how frustrated I can get sometimes. I guess that is motherhood in a nutshell.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

or when they're crying with hysteria, then 5 minutes later you look & they're sound asleep looking innocent and angelic... Yup.