August 26, 2010

Adventures in Potty Training pt. 3

continued pt. 2


We got a new potty book, Princess Potty. It is really cute. My favorite part: "The Princess says, "Hear ye, hear ye, I have to pee-pee." Or "Yoo-hoo, yoo-hoo, I need to poo-poo." I'm sure these will become well-recited phrases in our house in the years to come. :)
We have a great potty movie, "Once Upon a Potty" which I love, especially the Potty Song at the end. And then I have two other potty books Everyone Poops and then The Potty Book: for boys. (Yeah, I know. I had it before I had Brooklynn in case I ever had a boy, it was a freebie. It doesn't really matter, though. The ONLY differences are the main character's name is Henry instead of Harriet and his favorite color is blue, not hot pink. I know because I read ALL the potty books today at the bookstore while Brooklynn played with the train table, including The Potty Book: for girls.) My favorites were Once Upon A Potty which I chose not to get because we have the movie and Princess Potty. It was time to actually get a new potty book. We read them several times a day when we sit on the potty and they are getting old. Plus, since I had both books already, I wanted to get a "special potty treat" for Brooklynn.

Brooklynn finished her first Potty Chart! We are so proud of her! She gets a little stamp on the paper and on her hand every time she pees and then the big flower stamp is for poops. We started with the chart because the ones on her hand washed off instantly when we washed her hands, so I wanted something to keep her motivated. Hey, anything that is free that also helps I'm all about! This actually ended up to be a half-sheet of paper because she likes to (badly) help by stamping the paper on the bottom while she sits there and it is very smudgy. Plus, it fell off the wall instantly because it was on card stock, and I'm thinking too "heavy" to stay up. So it was time for a new one.

No comments: