August 24, 2010

Brooklynn's Full-Time Job


Brooklynn is a coloring machine. (Meaning it's something she does for at least 5 minutes, but barely misses a day.) The desk we brought up for her continues to be a big hit. (Thanks again to the Murrays! We love it!) I usually have to wipe it down several times a week with a Magic Eraser sponge (which are amazing...I could go on for hours about how much I love THOSE.)
You can imagine Brooklynn's surprise the other day when she discovered an unopened box of crayons that I got for FREE at Walgreens. I was saving them for later because she already has tons of crayons, but even a 1 1/2-year-old knows something about the magic of a BRAND NEW box of crayons. She was opening some of the drawers on the side and then found them. She immediately started to try and rip it open. So I helped her and off she was in her "zone."
Sometimes she gets really angry at the paper and rips it off and just colors her desk. But I am SO thankful that she generally stays on one of those two things. If she starts to take off with some crayons I remind her that they need to stay by her desk and she will bring them all back.
We also took out the big roll of paper that I used to have in the top because she didn't really like using it. (at least at her desk.) put all her crayons in that little compartment and was so thrilled with herself.



No comments: