August 23, 2010

My 19-month-old


Brooklynn is 19 months old. So crazy. She continues to be such a joy to us, we love her so much. She is really acting her age, if you get my drift. ;) Every time we say a simple "no no" she completely melts down like it was the worst thing you could ever do to her. DRAMA. It does make it kinda nice, we don't really have to do much else for discipline yet because a simple "no" is plenty effective so far. Actually, sometimes we have to contain her in her crib for a timeout after saying "no" because she's so upset.
Brooklynn continues to sleep like a champ. More than average for her age, which I'm not complaining about at all. She usually takes 4 hour naps in the afternoon (and sometimes 4 1/2 to 5) and then will sleep 12 1/2-13 hours at night, almost always without a single peep. Although she REALLY likes her waterfall mobile, today it ran out of batteries and I came into her room to get her and she just kept looking at me with this sad little pout on her face like, "Look, Mommy, I push the button and it only stays on for a few seconds. I change the settings on the top and it still doesn't work. What is happening to me?!?!?" So we had to go buy new batteries for her nap and everything is right in the world again.
Brooklynn has also developed a love for RUNNING. She doesn't just walk and she doesn't walk fast anymore, she RUNS. And I have to catch up with her. No wonder I haven't gained that much weight with this pregnancy, yet. Maybe I won't gain any.
Brooklynn loves spaghetti-Os. One day last week she had some for lunch and then refused to eat her dinner so we caved and gave her more spaghetti-Os. Oh well. I especially love this picture because there is one in her hair. So typical of our little Brooklynn.
One of our favorite things to do lately is go to Wal-mart or Target and just play in the toy section. Brooklynn doesn't seem to mind that we don't buy any of the toys, but she loves to play with everything. She's really funny "riding" on the little cars with the boxes still attached. I don't know how she fits but it's hilarious.
Sometimes we really treat her and go to this awesome toy store in the mall. A lot of their toys are out of the box so you can test them out and she could spend hours there. Lots of fun. I hope they don't catch on to our tricks and force us to start buying stuff soon.


No comments: