August 9, 2010

Hershey Park

We stopped at Hershey Technical Center (where my friend Julie works) to pick up the tickets. The receptionist had free chocolate in a bowl. She said to take as much as I wanted, and although I was tempted to take the entire bowl, I thought that would be rude so I just took one. I gave Brooklynn a square of my Hershey's bar and she was so excited. When we got to the park a few miles after that she was covered in chocolate. I don't know how she makes such a mess with so little food. She sure enjoyed, it, though!

Then we waited for the rest of our group. Here is Brooklynn posing by a Hershey Park sign. (OK, it was actually a trash can, but it said "Hershey Park" and it was just her size.)

They also had different candy bar categories to tell which "level" rider you are. Brooklynn was the very smallest, a Hershey's Miniature. Any of the rides that were Hershey's Miniatures she could go on.

Here is our whole group! I think the picture turned out pretty well for some random stranger taking it.

The Balloon Flite was Brooklynn's very first ride! The whole time in line she kept pointing at it saying "oooooh!" It was so cute. I thought a parent could take her on and after waiting in line forever Josh got to the front and he wasn't allowed to go on. OH BOY. He put her on anyway, walked away and we hoped for the best. She seemed to care less that he didn't ride with her and I only had a small fear that she would freak out. She loved it.



Here she is on the ride!

Our family next to Brooklynn's first ride.

My parents

After Balloon Flite my friend Julie and her son, Owen showed up to hang out with us! I convinced her to put Owen on the Bizzy Bees with Brooklynn and they rode together.





YAY! We made it to the water park! Here are Brooklynn and Grandma in the kiddie wave pool. Brooklynn kept trying to go UP the water slide and trying to dive under water. Let me tell you it was a workout while you are pregnant to keep up with a Brooklynn in there. It felt amazing, though.

Josh and Brooklynn in the water park!

Water slide!


Julie and Owen waiting in line for the other kiddie part...we never did get in. I guess people have to leave before they let others in and no one was leaving. So we got lunch instead.

So the hamburger value meal was $11 so I shared with Brooklynn. I wasn't sad at all when she mostly wanted ketchup and didn't really push hard at all to get her to eat anything else. I figured, "hey, the ketchup was free!" She did eat a little more than ketchup, but the way she looked you would have no idea. She was a complete mess!

We decided to watch the tap show. We were mostly excited to be in air conditioning for a little bit.

Owen watching the tap show. He LOVED it and kept getting so excited.
I think Owen was practicing to see if he could ever tap dance.

We went on the kiddy log ride. The line didn't look too long and I thought it would be fun. Turns out it goes REALLY SLOWLY so we waited longer than I thought. And it was pretty lame. The kids seemed to like it. (Especially when we broke the rules and got them wet by putting our hands outside of the boat.)


Then we went on the ???I forget what it's called. But it's like a train that goes over the park and you can get an overhead view.


Brooklynn FINALLY fell asleep. I think it was close to 5 pm and it lasted maybe 45 minutes. I don't think she wanted to miss out on any of the fun.

Then we did the swings. It was one of the only "rides" I could go on all day. I love the swings and I wasn't about to miss out on them even though I was pregnant. Luckily I wasn't too huge yet so I could still be buckled.


Then we met up with our whole group for dinner. It was fun to see everybody and then we all headed over to the water park. That closes at 8 so we wanted to make the most out of it while we could.


FINALLY! The Lazy River one of my favorite rides. It was so hot all day and I can't describe how amazing it felt to finally cool off.


Lazy River. I should have stayed on this all day long.

Then since the water park closed we decided since we were already wet to go on the log ride. (one of my other favorite rides.) The first time was fine and then the second time it was a little too tight on my belly I decided I was done. It sure was fun, though. It was especially funny because Kelly, who did not want to get wet, decided that if she picked out the right seat she would stay a kinda dry and just get a little wet. We all kept telling her that she was going to get soaked and it was HILARIOUS because you truly do get soaked...we're talking wetter than you've ever been...on this ride.






There was no line so a lot of people kept riding it. I would have, too, but somebody had to stay with Brooklynn, plus I couldn't really breathe on that ride. So I took Brooklynn to do some more of the kiddie rides again.


All done! Here is me and my Dad on the shuttle back to the parking lot. What a great day!

I just thought this was weird to have a roller coaster stuck at the top of the hill. I would be freaking out if I was on this.

1 comment:

Julie said...

What a great day! I'm so glad Owen and I could join you guys!