August 5, 2010

Blueberry & Peach Picking!



Today we went blueberry picking AND peach picking! I didn't realize we were going to get peaches, too. So it was an extra bonus. I haven't been blueberry picking since I was a little girl and I've NEVER been peach picking. Brooklynn has never done either. I was slightly nervous about what to do with her. I wasn't sure how my stroller would hold up b/c I'd never been there before and had no idea what the ground was like. I brought my Moby Wrap just in case but I can really only wear her for 5-10 minutes now because it hurts my belly. And it was HOT today. Brooklynn came through with flying colors and not only wasn't a problem, she actually was pretty helpful! She loved picking the blueberries, she knew just what to do like she'd done it a million times. She did like to pick a lot of purple and green ones, I think because she loves purple and the green ones stayed together in a pretty clump. But I just would pick them out of the box when she wasn't looking and throw them on the ground. Brooklynn was the perfect height to go blueberry picking and she had no problem reaching in and getting the low-to-the-ground ones that we were all bending way over to reach. She also kept saying, "blue!" She stayed busy the whole time and actually was sad when we left, she wanted to keep going. We'll have to come back because I don't think I even have enough to make a blueberry pie. It was just so hot outside it was hard to stay out for too long. I do have a lot of peaches, maybe I'll just eat the blueberries and make a peach pie instead.

I love this shot of Brooklynn picking berries, she was so careful.

Brooklynn realizing that she was actually being a good helper, she was so proud of herself.


Taking a much needed water break.
Jackson kept eating so many blueberries, I was so proud. He was "helping".
Cece couldn't really eat the blueberries or help pick, but she sure was smiley! I think she still had fun.
Danielle & Julie modelling the Mobys.
Off to the peach field! (after we had lunch, but I don't have any pictures of that. It was too nice in the shade to think about pictures.)
Peach picking was a lot quicker than blueberry picking. We were there for maybe 10 minutes.
Brooklynn fixing her bow. It's important to look our best, even when picking peaches.


Brooklynn was SO proud of herself because she found some peaches on the ground. They were a little high for her to reach on the trees.
Brooklynn testing out her treasures.
It's a good thing that peach picking went a lot faster because the babies were NOT ready to stay a minute longer.

No comments: