August 4, 2010

Fingerpainting!


This morning we were going to go to the free movies but Brooklynn slept in too long to make it there on time. I also ran out of coffee so I decided to head over to Dunkin' Donuts for breakfast. Brooklynn loves bagels so I figured that would be good choice. I also got her a couple of munchkin donuts as a special treat. Well she barely touched her bagel. She loved loved loved the donuts.
Afterwards we were so close to Michaels craft store I decided to head over there to see what we could find that we didn't already have. (a very short list when it comes to Michaels...I have a lot of craft supplies, just many aren't Brooklynn appropriate.)
We decided on the fingerpaints because I KNEW Brooklynn would have so much fun with them. She also kept grabbing the regular paints that were shaped the same and right next to the fingerpaint on the shelf. I even had to let her hold one of the bottles the entire rest of the time in the store.
Anyway, we got home and I stripped her down to a diaper and put her in the bathtub with her paints and taped some paper to the wall. I am SO GLAD we did this in the bathroom or I will still be cleaning paint off my carpet, and the ceiling, and probably my hair.
Brooklynn knew just what to do after I showed her one dot of paint on the paper and she mostly kept on the paper...until she discovered her own body and painted that almost completely. Good thing we were in the bathtub, I just sprayed her off afterwards and gave her some soap to scrub herself and the bathtub walls, she loved every single part of it. Thanks, Crayola!






No comments: