April 13, 2011

Another WONDERFUL Nap Experience.

After I put Brooklynn down for her nap today, I came out and nursed Gabby on the couch. I fell asleep along with Gabby. Then suddenly I heard a loud CRASH and Brooklynn was crying.
I went in there and her night stand had been knocked over. She was standing up in the crib, which was filled with clothes and stuffed animals. There were clothes all over the floor. (Which made me start blowing steam out of my ears because this is her VERY FIRST nap that she's been in there after working my butt off to put child locks on all of her drawers to prevent this problem.) More of her blinds were ripped off and the winter plastic was ripped off of the window. I put her in her bed and told her to go to sleep.
Soon after that she was still whining, I kept hearing her playing MORE with the window plastic. I went back in there, changed her diaper and told her again to go to sleep. (Sometimes she doesn't fall asleep if she's wet.)
5 minutes later I heard velcro...she was standing up, pants and diaper off. (Thank goodness she didn't have a poopy diaper to just top off our wonderful nap experience today.) But she WAS wet again. So I put another dry diaper on her and told her again to lie down, not to SIT up, not to STAND up, not to MOVE until she had taken her nap. Less than a minute later she was crying saying "stuck! stuck!" Her leg was stuck in between the mattress and the wall. I un-stuck her. Explained that she shouldn't have been stuck, she should be sleeping. Don't let it happen again. I think she is finally asleep. Just in time for Gabby to realize I've been dealing with her naughty sister and not her, so of course she's awake now. 
I give up on finishing my nap.

No comments: