April 8, 2011

Can I Fix It???

So we had a traumatic bleach accident. The bleach bottle got knocked over onto the top of the washer and the cap wasn't all the way on. And OF COURSE it was a dark load of laundry. And the entire load of clothes got ruined. Including my beloved Moby wrap. It still WORKS...I've been wearing it. But, really, it looks kinda ugly.
On the bright side, Josh says I get to buy another one. Yipppeeeeeeeee! I REALLY want a woven wrap, but those are all over $100 and I'm going to save up for it. It will be my motivation to do more Pampered Chef parties...and I'm not going to use the money from just one party with it. I think I will limit myself to $10 from each party, that way I will have more parties. I also want a "sleepy wrap" which is really similar to the Moby wrap, but it has 5% spandex in it, too...which makes it extra-stretchy (and more fitting to your body). But what color? I think I will get a dark green or maybe blue Sleepy wrap. Do you think the blue will make people think Gabby is a boy? Josh says I should get blue. I sort of want his imput because the brown one is the only one he wore. (My other one is pink.) But the dark green looks really good on me, brings out the green in my eyes. So I kinda want that one. (REALLY, I want one of EVERY color, but Josh won't let me. That is probably a good decision.)
But, I am on a mission to not only get my Sleepywrap (and woven wrap, eventually) but to ALSO somehow FIX my brown one. It might be a hopeless case, but I'm on a mission. Anyone out there know how to fix it?
The damage: 
(ignore the black sweat pants in the background.)
After first dye job:
As you can see it's not quite as dramatic but it still is two-toned. (Or maybe even three-toned.)
On the bright side it's a little bit less drastic.
So many people have told me to tie-dye it. First of all...I don't really know how to tie-dye. I've only done it like once. And I wasn't very good at it. And I think it would take me WAY too long to try and put rubber bands all over this huge hunk of fabric. Secondly...I think it will make it look worse. SOOOOOO..........my next project is to strip ALL the color out of it. (Did you know they make "color remover" for such a thing?) And then I am going to dye it RED. I've wanted a red one for a while now, ANYWAY...so why not try and just change it? I could be making it worse, but what am I going to do, ruin it? I'll keep you updated. The down side to trying to fix my Moby is that since it's so much fabric I need two bottles (or 3 boxes) of dye. Yikes.

No comments: