March 19, 2011

Diana's Baby Shower

I have to admit, driving 12 hours with a 6-week-old baby for my sister's baby shower didn't sound amazingly appealing to me...but then again there is no way I would miss it, either! So we headed out. I'm so glad we went. We had a great weekend, not only spoiling Diana, but also seeing all of our family. It was great to have so many other people to hold Gabby. She was on her best behavior.
Setting up. Notice all the balloons. These are just all the "extra" ones that Jacob blew up. We already had all of the real ones up. Yeah, there were that many.



The guests arrive!
We had several games. One was "The 'D' Game" where we read random things about Diana (D) and all the multiple choice answers were "D". A lot of the people weren't catching on right way.
Then we played a game where we split into groups and passed out random baby items. The groups had to think of mini sermons or separate sermon illustrations for all the items. I think they all were funny and did great!

We also played the "Clothesline" game where you have to hold a doll, a cell phone and hang up as many clothes as you can without dropping anything.

No comments: