March 3, 2011

Gabby is 1 month--ALREADY!?!?!

 Gabby is 1 month already! I can hardly believe it. Gabby has been super fussy, ALMOST all the time when she is awake. It used to be only when she was hungry, wet, poopy or tired, but now she will JUST have been fed, JUST have woken up, JUST have been changed and she'll still scream at the top of her lungs. I'm not going to lie or try and sugar coat things...it's been a rough couple of weeks. On a positive note, Brooklynn is starting to be a little bit better. Not leaps and bounds better but a little bit. I think she is just as annoyed as we are that Gabby has been so fussy. I don't blame her. 
Gabby is basically only calmed down when you are bouncing her on our big exercise ball. That's about it. Most of the time I have to do this WHILE she's in the Moby Wrap for the extra comfort. I did think she was just fussy because of her cold that she had, but that is mostly better and she is just still so fussy. I'm not too excited about it. I know we'll get through it, but man it's hard. 
When she's not being "Crabiella" as we have nicknamed her for such times, she is starting to be awake and alert for longer times, and sometimes she is really cute and will like her baby gym for a little bit. She LOVES Mr. Octopus, just like Brooklynn did! She has even started reaching up to make him move. We still can't put her down, really. She still hates her swing and her infant seat. All she wants to do is bounce on the ball or be in the wrap. SOMETIMES she lets me put her down for one of her naps. Not always, but we're getting there.
For more about one month, check out my post on the girl's Dr. visits.
Of course Brooklynn insists on being part of Gabby's monthly growth pics. So I let her. She's pretty good about it. 
Then I jinx myself and try and get a sweet video of them being cute...and this is what happens. 
 OOOOh, that Brooklynn! It's so hard to stay mad at such a cute little girl.
(Notice the nice fat lip she's working these days. She hit the stairs at the playground with her face.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Gabby looks so much like Josh when he was a baby in those pictures. Is that true in real life or just that picture? And I can't help but laugh at Brooklynn's slapping of Gabby. Someday they will be best buds...just not right now :). Hope to see you guys soon. Love you!

Bets