March 10, 2011

Mr. Octopus

Both of my kids have loved this little Octopus that game with the baby gym. (Baby Einstein)
I think it was actually both of their very first things they really liked and would start cooing and smiling at. We are finally able to put Gabby down for short periods of time and she loves her gym. We usually have to save it for when Brooklynn is asleep or in time out. Brooklynn is usually pretty nice to Gabby but she'll go from giving her hugs and kisses and laughing to hitting her in the face in less than a couple of seconds. I'm scared to leave Gabby  on the floor with Brooklynn around. She'd probably jump off the couch and try landing on Gabby. That is the image that goes through my brain. I've tried sitting right next to her and Brooklynn of course goes around to the other side and tries to use her head to push her off (ram style.) I think Brooklynn has human identity crisis sometimes. There are times when I've thought she was a dog, a pig, and now a ram. I'm sure others will happen, too. 
We try and let her have special "gym time" those few moments when she is up by herself and also not crying...which are few and far between but we're getting there.

No comments: