March 9, 2011

Gabby--5 Weeks

Gabby has gotten slightly better these last few days. She has basically gone from "colicky" to maybe "fussy" so that is good! Either that or Brooklynn has been so bad that Gabby seems better in comparison? I'm not sure. She has let me put her down when she is awake for up to maybe 15 minutes now! She has even taken a full nap in her crib, and right now she is sleeping in her swing!!! So she's getting so much better! It's like a breath of fresh air for me. She even let me wash her face and her hair last night during Brooklynn's bath. I'm guessing she didn't mind so much since her whole body wasn't in the bath. (I said earlier that she likes baths...I was WAY wrong. She HATES them and screams her head off the whole time.) And then after that she smiled and was even cooing a little bit at me. It is moments like that that make all the rough parts bearable. 
On a sad note, both Gabby and I woke up with stuffy noses and sneezes this morning. It seems like she just got over a cold and now she has another one! 
Gabby continues to love to eat. Every night she nurses for at least an hour straight before bedtime. She's going to be a little chunker.

No comments: