March 17, 2011

OH the drive.

So this is what Gabby looks like when she's mostly calmed down in her car seat.

Not exaggerating. Calmed down enough to actually grab the camera and make a video....We don't have a video yet of what she's like when you first try to put her in her car seat...and then make her stay in it for a car ride. That should be coming soon. This video is very very minor.
SO, needless to say, I'm DREADING today's car trip. Seriously. DREADING it. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to get to Fishers to spend some time with family, have everyone meet Gabby, have everyone take turns holding her so my back can rest up a little bit...and mostly celebrate Diana's baby with a baby shower! Woohoo!
But the drive? No. I've never felt this apprehensive about ANY of our drives, including the ones where Brooklynn had Croop two Christmas's ago and this last Christmas when she threw up the entire night before. This one....I've gotta say takes the cake. So please pray for us. We are hoping to leave around 12:30 after lunch. It might not be until 1. Josh is working a half day and whenever he gets home and we finish packing all our last minute stuff. Hopefully I can work on some of that today. Pray for safety, of course. Pray for Gabby to actually like her car seat and to be able to sleep. Pray that she lets us put her down or that maybe she would get over it really quickly. Pray for Josh and I to be alert and positive and patient. Pray for Brooklynn to be in a good mood, and that she'd be able to both nap and fall asleep at bedtime later. Pray that Gabby's screams (in case they still happen, maybe they won't!) won't bother Brooklynn. And pray that we'd make really good time. I think this trip is a little longer than our usual ones and we're unfamiliar with it...but now we have a GPS so that is pretty exciting.
Just pray that we would be able to see God's hand in our trip that we'd KNOW He was blessing us and it was just covered in prayer. Thank you!

1 comment:

Jas said...

I will be praying! Wyatt's first trip in Indiana, he lost his voice, so when he was crying it was so soft. I know that sounds cruel, but it made the drive easier! I will pray the car lulls her to sleep :)